It is currently Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:33 am

Post subject: Which buggy ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:20 am 
Probie

I am looking at buying a new buggy and have been looking at the Carter Talon 150 and the Sahara 150. They seem very simular in design and price. Does any one have any suggestions on which one is faster and which one has better factory support, warranty, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:25 am 
trailrider, first, let me welcome you to the forum. let me ask you, what do you mean by "faster" ? are you talking top speed, or faster getting to top speed. i cant answer which is actually the best, others can do that. i am kinda biased, a bit. but i believe all will give you good support. well, maybe except kpx, but that's only from what i have read. no actual experience. but, read thru the threads and learn. alot of information here. and alot good folks, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:45 am 
Probie

bedo wrote:
trailrider, first, let me welcome you to the forum. let me ask you, what do you mean by "faster" ? are you talking top speed, or faster getting to top speed. i cant answer which is actually the best, others can do that. i am kinda biased, a bit. but i believe all will give you good support. well, maybe except kpx, but that's only from what i have read. no actual experience. but, read thru the threads and learn. alot of information here. and alot good folks, too.

I guess I mean both top speed and maybe faster getting there. I mean which one performs better over all and which one is better built and has better support??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:56 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

2005s in talon and twister have oil cooling and external oil filter which is a nice thing for longevity.

They may also be the source of a new cam that EastSide motorsports is putting out for other buggys... still trying to get a definate handle on that though.

I like the powder coating on the sahara, blade, dazons though.

Talon and Twister are painted.

-Steve

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:45 am 
BN Elite Member

I have the Sahara and I love it. I just don't know what I will do when something breaks though. I don't have any dealers around here for it, or any other buggy for that matter. Upper 30's for top speed (stock). Faster with mods.
I am not saying the Sahara is best, I am just saying my son and I love it.
I am 5'8 160lbs and it is very comfertable for me to drive. I gave my brother-in law a ride through some trails, he's 6'3" 230, with no problems. Not quite as comfertable of a ride as it is with my son though. I'm just letting you know that we had no trouble going places with 2 adults.
GOOD LUCK!

Post subject: Carter is good.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:58 am 
Buggy Addict

I like my Talon fine. I am 6' 2" and if you click the link on the left 'TalonMans Gallery' you get a good profile shot to see the room I have in my buggy.

My mods with pictures:

https://www.buggynews.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

My buggy review:

https://www.buggynews.com/viewtopic.php?t=1858

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:21 am 
Initiated

On my 05 carter talon I hit 41 mph in front of the house using the GPS and I dont think it was completely wide open.

1 talon 150 dlx 2 seater(performance pipe,jet kit,uni air filter)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:24 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Do us a favor and look at your parts manual. Find the cam shaft and tell us what your parts manual says the part number for it is. Also, does your parts manual say that it is a 2005??? I've seen old manuals go out to people at times. Carter has the old manual on their site... so that's no help.

-Steve

airnelson20 wrote:
On my 05 carter talon I hit 41 mph in front of the house using the GPS and I dont think it was completely wide open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:35 am 
Probie

Thanks for the advice (2005s in talon and twister have oil cooling and external oil filter which is a nice thing for longevity)

I like the oil cooling and the external oil filter but I also like powder coat verses paint. I sat in a talon yesterday and it seems a bit wider than the Sahara or maybe its the seats, not sure.

41mph? Is yours stock? wow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:58 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

It is a bit wider in the seats area and nose.

TrailRider wrote:
Thanks for the advice (2005s in talon and twister have oil cooling and external oil filter which is a nice thing for longevity)

I like the oil cooling and the external oil filter but I also like powder coat verses paint. I sat in a talon yesterday and it seems a bit wider than the Sahara or maybe its the seats, not sure.

41mph? Is yours stock? wow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:37 am 
Initiated

I put the info on the manual and cam in the aftermarket/OEM parts section, I put it under the topic about the cam with the newest reply. And yes the buggy is stock. But I do have a HP kit ordered from East Side they gave the the pipe that is straight because I have the oil cooler/filter. New pipe must get in the way of the of the oil lines or something. I asked about the jet size and they said as long as im under 5000 ft. I would be fine, so I wonder which size it is. Hope this helps.

Jordan

1 talon 150 dlx 2 seater(performance pipe,jet kit,uni air filter)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:22 pm 
Probie

41mph is smoking for a stock 150cc buggy isnt it. Is that common?

Post subject: karma
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:37 pm 
Probie

Hey whats up with the Bad Karma thing. Ive only posted like 3-4 times and somebody already doesnt like me? Whats up with that?

Ive been reading this forum for a while and really liked it and so I joined but Im not sure the + or - Karma thing is such a cool thing. It really makes you feel like a jerk when someone flames you for no apparent reason at all. Otherwise its cool here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:32 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

I don't know what's up with the free flowing bad karma either... I haven't seen anything negative by you.

Peeps need to slow down on the spreading of bad vibes.

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:16 am 

Just got my 2005 Dazon Raider 150cc Double...love it! Lots of updated items in this baby! At $2650 it is getting pretty close to all the others. I have a Dazon service center 2 miles from my place so that is what relly made my mind up to spend a couple more dollars on the Dazon.

Post subject: which buggy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:30 am 
Probie

Thanks for the advice everyone. Right now Im leaning towards the Carter Talon cause its wider and the newest ones are supposed to already have the hotter cam from the factory. Is this right?

Whatever I buy Ive decided that its gonna be from a local or close to local dealer. One with parts and a shop.Im fairly handy but I always run wide open so breaking something is a sure thing with me.

I think Id rather pay the couple hundred more bucks and get it already together with a warranty and a test ride. My buddy has bought a pocket bike an ATV and a buggy off of the net from different dealers and all of em have crapped out and not much luck with warranty or parts from any of them.