It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:44 pm

Post subject: Help needed with Hammerhead Twister (older model) 50cc
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:02 pm 
Probie

Hey all, I’m new here. I bought a used Hammerhead Twister kart for my sons, it has the 50cc engine in it. Well, despite the previous owner taking good care of it, the clutch went out. When I try to start it the wheels spin. There is no free play, something broke in the clutch assembly is my guess. I’ve searched around for a replacement engine and can’t find one, presumably bc it’s older (2011 or so) and they don’t make that model anymore. I’m fine with dropping in a bit bigger engine, I think they went to an 80cc model later. I don’t want to crack it open if I can’t find parts (which I can’t seem to right now)....I saw some order posts about the Twister karts on this forum so I thought I’d reach out and see if anyone could help. Hate it bc my sons were really enjoying it....can anyone point me in the right direction??
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Help needed with Hammerhead Twister (older model) 50cc
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:25 pm 
Admin

I would look for a small Harbor Freight industrial engine as a replacement. Trying to source parts, you may find replacing it is a better deal. Have tried a place like BMI Karts for parts?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Help needed with Hammerhead Twister (older model) 50cc
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:42 pm 
Probie

PGH wrote:
I would look for a small Harbor Freight industrial engine as a replacement. Trying to source parts, you may find replacing it is a better deal. Have tried a place like BMI Karts for parts?
PGH wrote:

Thanks! I will try both. I’m thinking of just replacing it with a bigger engine...probably nothing crazy but 80cc is what the more recent Twisters had before they went to 150 in the new kids karts (I think)