It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 am

Post subject: Idea for next years bash
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:13 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

I am probably getting ahead of myself but me and another genelman were talking today and he asked me a question I had not thought of. There is a Hare scramble track(or cross country,enduro,etc) within 5-10 miles of Paddy's bluff and he inquired why we didn't have a race there at our bash last year so now I ask you guys, Who would be interested in running that type of race at next years rally(if it comes back to Paddy's bluff)? If there is enough interest I will speak with the owner of the track(by the way the name of the track is Copperhead Runand they do have a website) and see about maybe seting up a race. Like I said if there is enough interest I will get more details but I would like atleast 10-15 people to be interested before I start trying to do a lot of running around getting all the stuff togather to do such an event.

Kenny

http://www.myspace.com/westkydirtriders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:30 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Sounds interesting, if you think our machines can handle the site.

Although logistically it would be better to keep everything at one site overall.

=S

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:47 am 
BN Elite Member

I agree. Once I unload everything and set up camp, I don't think I would want to hook up a trailer and go somewhere else for a race.

Blade 50cc
Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:26 am 
Jabo wrote:
I agree. Once I unload everything and set up camp, I don't think I would want to hook up a trailer and go somewhere else for a race.

I also agree. It is alot of hassel. but some kind of organized rally would be great! I can't describe how much fun everyone had at the northeast meet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:41 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Assuming it's at Paddy's there is that ring track area... but it would have to be marked off for a time, and set asside for us... in other words, some sort of crowd control would have to be put in place, and other riders in the park would have to know not to use it at certain times.

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:46 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

I've also been told about a Farm in Tennessee where we could have more control over the riding environment, to the extent that we wouldn't have to worry about riders of other types so much. There would be more work for us though, since there is no collection stand, I'm not sure about insurance, the whole nine yards. Sounds like it would be a little more like the north east meet to an extent where more volunteers would be needed just to help run the show a bit.

Part of the appeal of Paddy's to me is Paddy's empolyees running the show, making sure garbage barrels are out, watering the main strips to keep dust down, etc, etc.

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:29 am 
BN Elite Member

I am all for Paddys Bluff. Unless of course there was a place closer to me... :lol:

Blade 50cc
Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:44 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

Quote:
Sounds interesting, if you think our machines can handle the site.

I beleive that the machnes would handle it just fine. I have done something close to this before at Paddy's(but I was racing a 450 Rhino needless to say I lost but I was close!)

Quote:
Assuming it's at Paddy's there is that ring track area... but it would have to be marked off for a time, and set asside for us... in other words, some sort of crowd control would have to be put in place, and other riders in the park would have to know not to use it at certain times.

If you prefer to keep it on site my suggestion would be to have a drag race(for saftey reasons, on a circle track you really NEED nerf bars or someone wiil end up flipping) A drag race is pretty simple to set up, and they have the place. All you really need is some type of post and orange marker tape. As far as classes go that is up to how many participants you have if you have a few run three classes(150, 250, super mod unlimited) if you have several break it down more(150 stock, 150 mod ,250 stock, 250 mod and so on). Once again I am just trying to come up with ideas for getting the general public to come and see how much fun our buggys are!

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:11 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

That's good... we need more ideas like this, as well as volunteers that can definately help out at the function to make it all happen.

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:03 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

After we have a date and time and place is set, I will talk with some of the other Dirt Riders and see if they would be interested in setting up an event and if it is some where I know and I don't have to work I personally am willing to organize a ride that any stock buggy can go on.

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:03 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

After we have a date and time and place set, I will talk with some of the other Dirt Riders and see if they would be interested in setting up an event and if it is some where I know and I don't have to work I personally am willing to organize a ride that any stock buggy can go on.

Kenny