It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 am

Post subject: Oct. West ky Dirt Riders Ride
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:22 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

This month we will be at Paddy's bluff on Oct. 15. We will start riding at noon. This month everyone make sure and bring your kids because there will be candy for all the kids! As all ways we will have drinks for everyone that attends. And as always everyone is welcome to join in on all the fun! If you plan to attend or have any questions feel free to pm me or post here!

Kenny

http://www.myspace.com/westkydirtriders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:42 pm 
Buggified

I'll be there after church. It may be 1 or so before I get there, but I'll be there!

Keith

Mine: Dazon 150, a few minor upgrades

Logan's: Carter GX150, stock..but very fast

Lindsey's: Baja Motorsports 90cc Shifter, manual 2 speed with reverse...small but fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:31 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Great to hear Kieth!! I just bought a new camera so I am going to try for the group Picture again so I can send it to dirtwheels and some other magazines!
Also will Logan and Lyndsee be with you? If so I will have candy for them!

Kenny

Post subject: Oct. Dirt Riders ride (sorry this has taken me so long)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:54 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

All right it is finally time for me to repert on how the ride went(sorry it has taken me so long I have had some personal issues I needed to resolve).
It was a typical Oct. day meaning it was a little dreary and a little cold. So alot of the people that had said they would come didn't show but for the three buggys that did we had a blast! We had two new riders with us one was TuskenJedi's wife(it was great to meat you) the other was my dog Gooch( he enjoyed the ride more than most of us!)
This was my first ride on my broke in big bore and my first attempt at 400 hill with it(and I have pics to prove I made it!) Also we learned that Logan loves to play on hills(he is actually a very good driver)
Well overall we had a great time and hope to have many more next year seeing how that this will probably be the last for this year(because of the cold)

Attachments:
File comment: Logan playing in the gravel pit
l1.JPG
l1.JPG [ 88.42 KiB | Viewed 2046 times ]
File comment: all of us in the gravel pit
us.JPG
us.JPG [ 101 KiB | Viewed 2046 times ]
File comment: Tusken at teh gravel pit
tus.JPG
tus.JPG [ 133.53 KiB | Viewed 2043 times ]
File comment: Me conquering 400 ft. hill!!
new 400.jpg
new 400.jpg [ 109.62 KiB | Viewed 2047 times ]
File comment: Tusken playing in the hole
8.JPG
8.JPG [ 74.27 KiB | Viewed 2049 times ]

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:10 pm 
BN Elite Member

How did it feel when you got to the top? Man, I can't to go back there...

Blade 50cc
Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:35 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Honestly the first thing I thought was man I need to find a bigger hill this was to easy I was still gaining speed!

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:44 am 
Buggified

Those were great pics! I had a blast! I'll tell you one thing, Logan is no longer timid with the buggy. He used to be afaid to climb much of anything. I think the 400 hill is the only thing in the whole park that intimidates him now.

Man, Kenny, your buggy is really a mountain goat now. It didn't look like you had any problem at all going up 400. I think you could have climbed another 50 yards before you would start to have trouble.

Maybe we can catch a warm day like we had Friday and get together again before spring.

Keith

Lindsey's: Baja Motorsports 90cc Shifter, manual 2 speed with reverse...small but fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:32 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

Quote:
Maybe we can catch a warm day like we had Friday and get together again before spring.

I hope so I have been looking at a few more mods and I would like to go riding a little more before I decide to do anything else! As always we had a blast riding with your family and I look forwar to riding again soon!

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:43 am 
Buggified

The kids are always asking when the next ride is going to be! We always have a blast. Lindsey even asked about you the other day.

I'm taking Lindsey's buggy in for some work this week and then the following week I'll have the rollers and clutch put in Logan's buggy. He can't wait! He's just itching to find some more hills!

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:54 pm 
Buggy Dealer

Highscores: 1
nice pictures and congrats on the hill climb, it's bigger than it looks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:48 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Quote:
The kids are always asking when the next ride is going to be!

That is great to hear! It is always nice to know that the kids are enjoying it!
Quote:
nice pictures and congrats on the hill climb, it's bigger than it looks!

Thanks and yes that hill is alot bigger than it looks(pics do it no justice) but I have found another that I am going to try next time I am there they call it Red Clay Hill it is right out front so I am kinda intimidated by it(iff I mess up EVERYONE will see), I'll see if I can find a pic of it.

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:35 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

hey ridge runner
is that the one at the front that was between the left go around corner hill and the way around all of them??
Sort of right behind where we took the group picture????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:38 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

That's it! Tried it once before with stock motor made it ten feet and stalled so I am ready for a rematch!

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:01 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Man, I really envy you guys for being so close to some absolutely awesome riding places.

Not only is Paddy's fun, the atmosphere is very relaxed which helps add to the enjoyment.

-Steve

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:31 am 
Buggy Dealer

Highscores: 1
Quote:
That's it! Tried it once before with stock motor made it ten feet and stalled so I am ready for a rematch!

I couldn't make that hill either :evil: I did watch a stock 250cc hammerhead make though, didn't even get a run at it, just walked right up it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:31 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Red clay hill is next and IF I make it I have been told of another hill in behind the check in station that I would like to try. The oly thing with it is that I was told it is as steep as 400 ft Hill with a 1- 1 1/2 ledge about 3/4 of the way up and it is about twice as long as 400ft hill. I am not really sure where it is it is supposed to be a new hill that the Jeeps have made so I am excited to see it :twisted:

Kenny