It is currently Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Post subject: Won’t turn over and beeps, lights flash and dash says “R”
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:59 pm 
Probie

I recently purchased a project GiO GT-250 that from my research is actually a Kandi KD-250GKA-2. It didn’t come with a key so I confirmed the ignition style as a 3wire and ordered a generic replacement online. The new ignition key actually turned in the original ignition but was sticky and the unit didn’t turn over and started to beep and lights flash and “R” shows on the main display. I swapped the complete ignition to the new one and beeping/flashing R issue remains and motor will not turn over. I’m really new to these units and couldn’t find any documents or anything online but I assume it doesn’t have a ignition module that’s setting off a security type alarm and rather assume that the unit it registering it is in reverse(its not) and not allowing the unit to turn over. If anyone has any guidance that would be great!!!!

Attachments:
6609F3FC-64C3-409D-B931-538DCBC1C4AD.jpeg
6609F3FC-64C3-409D-B931-538DCBC1C4AD.jpeg [ 2.65 MiB | Viewed 134 times ]

Post subject: Re: Won’t turn over and beeps, lights flash and dash says “R
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:55 pm 
Probie

Ok I got it mostly figured out. The wiring is a mess but by turning off the signal lights the beeping stopped and found that the shifter wires were ripped from the connections so unit says R for reverse. Was able to jumper the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and get it to turn over so will now test wiring from ignition, solenoid and starter relay to find issue as to why won’t turn over from ignition.

Post subject: Re: Won’t turn over and beeps, lights flash and dash says “R
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:07 pm 
Aftermarket Dealer

I don't know for your specific machine but some come with protection like, you can be in gear to start, you have to push the brake to start the machine and ...

I did a basic wiring video on YouTube. This is for a 150cc but the logic is the same. You will only need to apply it for your machine.

https://youtu.be/4U1ZulC22Zc