It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:45 am

Post subject: Help-Trailmaster 300 XRS
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:45 pm 
Probie

I have a new Trailmaster 300 XRS that ran fine for about a month, then one night after using stopped starting. When I turn the key, the light to the speedometer briefly flickers but it won’t turn over. No clicking noises, nothing. If I turn the key once more, the speedometer doesn’t flicker after the first turn. I’ve checked the battery and it’s good. I’ve read other posts about checking the starter or solenoid, but I don’t know exactly what that entails (putting a voltameter on what exactly and what am I then looking for). Just wondering if anyone has any insight. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Help-Trailmaster 300 XRS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:01 pm 
Probie

To check the starter relay will be the same for at least any small motor and some older cars. But it will have two posts. 1 is 12v constant. Other is 12v when cranking. Can test on the crank side with a volt meter. If it matches voltage as the other side its good and starter is the issue. If nothing then some have fuses that can blow or the relay went bad. You can jump the posts with a screwdriver or such to test the starter as well. Other issue is the wiring going to the relay maybe bad. Usually its a 2 wire, one 12v other ground thats switched off the key