It is currently Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:46 am

Post subject: Ok ok ok.. but what is the BEST of the BEST
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:08 pm 
Probie

Im new to go-karts.. I have the new Yamaha rhino and Grizzly and rincon four wheelers.. There fun and stuff... But I want something I can ride around in desert around where i live, im aware four wheelers do fine but I like the fact how low you sit on a go kart and what not... by desert i mean sage brush.. but there are trails going through em... I own a yerfdog 3206.. But it seems like the suspension is not to great, bumpy canals beat it out of you!... Its top speed is probably around 30ish.. I havent had any problems with it other than my front tire fell off, and When i would get going faster it would start making put put sounds and wouldent get going to fast... so i cleaned it and it ran better... OK now to the main topic... What is the best all around 2 seater Go-Kart dune buggy machine that isent to expensive... but not cheesey...I dont need a FAST buggy but going 40 + would be fun.. I just need something with a good built engine that ant too noisey and good suspension and somethin thats got some power.... Whats the best in your opinion?

Post subject: Yerf dog
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:16 pm 
Probie

hehe edit post.. sorry bout that

Last edited by other on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Yerf dog
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:23 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Check the buggy classified section.. .and check the rules as far as sales on the forums go.
other wrote:
also, I would be willing to sale the Yerf dog I own there.. Ive only drove it about 10 times down to my parents land down on the river which is about 3 miles.. And around the yard... she hasent seen mountains or anything :( hehe... Only mod ive made on it is when i broke off that tire i put a washer on her and welded her on good:) she has a few dents in the roll cage... and i added a little slip air filter in which was suggested by someone on another forum...Im going to go through it and clean it aswell.. If you are interested or anything You can MSN me or AIM me... or I can provide my phone number, Thanks.

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:36 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

In the 150 format people will tell you that Dazon is probably the top of the line. They are not exactly cheap as far as the buggy world goes but they probably have the best 150 engine out there, and they are well established. I like the fact that they are oil cooled and have an external oil filter on the new models. If you are in need of a 2 seater with two adults in mind, I'd look elsewhere though, as the seating area is pretty tight. If you were to be looking for a larger 150 buggy check out Carter Talon and TJ Powersports Twister. They also have an oil cooled engine with filter, a little more room in the seat area, and the performance cam already installed that we have been talking about here. If looking to save a little money look into Blade and the Kinroad buggys... same frame that Dazon uses, so space is tight.

Perhaps consider one of the larger 250 buggys like Peirspeed or AwesomeBuggys Titan II. I'm waiting on some more videos of the Joyner 250s before I'm fully sold on them... but they look like they might be something to consider as well based on what we've seen so far.

A whole bunch of new 250cc buggys are about to come out soon. Nearly every manufacturer has one due to be realeased shortly. It might be a good time to sit back and see what happens. There have been some delays, but I continue to think this may be a good stance to take if looking towards the 250s now.

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:57 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

You know Steve, you should have a version of this speech saved or put a sticky...."Best Buggies We Know Of"

Now my .02. Wait on the 250's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:04 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

I know.. I feel like a broken record sometimes. But my fingers are strong!!

:roll:

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:08 am 
BN Elite Member

I am sort of new to this site and I chuckle every time I read about someone asking what is the best buggy out there. Maybe there should be a post just for that. ALTHOUGH EVERYONE STILL ANSWERS EVERY TIME, THATS GREAT!
Thanks everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:55 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

It's also a very loaded question. Need to establish buggy size needed and financial constaints. There are several directions you can go. If you want cheap, you can go KPX and cross your fingers on support. In the middle is Blade, Sahara, Twister, Talon, etc..... Dazon's are good, but I have rescued a couple of them in the field now. They are susceptible to most of the same problems the other buggies in their class have.

At the top of the sub 60" widht size would have to be Ridge Runner. Expensive. Though the quality is easy to see -the price is tough to swallow. Especialy if you want more than 1.

The 250's are just coming out and the dust needs to settle.

2006 Blade 250XT - stock

2005 Blade 150SX - Pipe, Uni, 120 jet, Torque Spring

2005 Blade 150SX - Pipe, Uni, 117.5 jet, 9gr rollers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:24 pm 
Buggy Dealer

AHEM!!!!

Standard answer should be,

"The best Buggy is the one you own"

Plan to work on any of them, Yes Blade too, but they are all a Blast.... your best bet is not to ask, as everyone here is kinda biased, better off reading through and coming to your own conclusions. Have fun and be SAFE!

Stu

"The Future In Off-Road"

"PLAY TOUGH-GET DIRTY"

http://WWW.BLADEPOWERSPORTS.COM

1-888-44-BLADE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:16 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Agreed!!!!

2006 Blade 250XT - stock

2005 Blade 150SX - Pipe, Uni, 120 jet, Torque Spring

2005 Blade 150SX - Pipe, Uni, 117.5 jet, 9gr rollers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:12 pm 
Buggy Distributor

People will say Dazon's are top of the line?

Yes, I'm biased, so take this with a grain of salt if you like.

Dazon dealers that have tried our Sahara are ordering more in most cases.

Davin Smith

[email protected]

Senior Account Manager

www.runmasterusa.com

888-883-8986

469-461-8886

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:26 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

of course, i would have to say Carter XTV. :lol:

seriously, if i could do it over... i'd wait and get a 250. i think my wife would agree.

good luck,
Rich

08 Rhino with accessories

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:56 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Agreed!

:D

THEBLADE_GUY wrote:
AHEM!!!!

Standard answer should be,

"The best Buggy is the one you own"

Plan to work on any of them, Yes Blade too, but they are all a Blast.... your best bet is not to ask, as everyone here is kinda biased, better off reading through and coming to your own conclusions. Have fun and be SAFE!

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

I only say this assuming that someone isn't worried about price at all. They have some interesting features and a strong engine (larger valves for example) The oil cooling and external oil filter can't be ignored either. Also, the air filter out of the box does a good job of trapping dirt where the factory filters on most of the other asian buggys are somewhat lacking... dazon changed their air filter format this year. So, if I had a sizeable budget and was only worried about features... Dazon would have to be on a short list. But, due to price, it's not for everyone.

They do have similar weaknesses to other buggys out there. We still hear of wiring issues on the dazons, carb troubles time to time, bolts coming loose, so-so shocks.

In my mind none of the asian 150s are perfect yet, but improvements are being made readily each year.

The new TJ Powersports cam in the 150 is an example that comes to mind.

-Steve

Runmaster wrote:
People will say Dazon's are top of the line?

Yes, I'm biased, so take this with a grain of salt if you like.

Dazon dealers that have tried our Sahara are ordering more in most cases.

Post subject: best
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:49 am 
Buggy Dealer

To me its kinda like the old Ford VS Chevy debate. Each has its own merits, features and price points. Some will always prefer one to another.
I have a Honda Rancher ES ATV but prefer the Yamaha 600R for my sportbike. Theyre both excellent machines. Same with the Buggys. There is no one BEST buggy.

RJ

Dealer for Carter Brothers

Go Carts & Buggies